All interested students are encouraged to become a Viking for a day and shadow a current VASJ student. Shadowing is a great way to experience a day in the life at VASJ. Shadow students will be placed with current VASJ host students for a full day. Shadow students have the opportunity to attend classes as well as talk to current students about all the various clubs, sports, and extracurricular activities that VASJ has to offer.
Shadow days are typically scheduled weekly beginning the week of September 15, 2014, and ending May 08, 2015. Please contact Associate Director of Admissions, Kellie Watrobski '03, at 216-481-8414 ext. 284 to schedule. Please call at least two days in advance.
Please schedule your student shadow day by calling the Admissions Office at 216-481-8414 ext. 284.
1. Please arrive at VASJ no later than 7:45 a.m. Enter the school through the front main entrance, check in at the main office and you will be escorted to the Admissions Office. This is where you will leave your coat, pick up your visitor badge and lunch ticket and meet your host student. Students should have arrangements/instructions for getting home before arriving for the day. Shadow students are dismissed from the Admissions Office at the end of the school day at 3:00 p.m.
2. Unless instructed otherwise please wear your school uniform. If your school does not require you to wear a uniform, you must wear 'business casual' clothing. WHAT NOT TO WEAR: jeans, overly short skirts/dresses, clothing that "says" something. WHAT TO WEAR: Boys: Docker's-type pants, a collared shirt (button down or polo), dress shoes. Girls: dress pants with collared shirt or sweater, skirt or dress, dress shoes, stockings.
3. Bring something to read/do in the event that you are present in a class that is having a quiz, test or other quiet time.
4. Cell phones are permitted but must be off and out of sight during your day. You will be permitted to use them at the end of the day in the admissions office if you need to call for a ride home, etc. IPODs, laptops, IPADs and similar electronics are not permitted. Leave them at home.
5. All shadow students are guests of our school. We will provide you with a lunch ticket for that day. You need not bring any money or a lunch unless you wish to do so.
6. All shadow students are guests of our school. Please be a good guest. Stay with your host student at all times - your host student is your guide to our school and responsible for you on your shadow day. Switching to a different host student or 'ditching' a host student during the day is not permitted.
7. Hoodies are not permitted to be worn during the day.
8. Call and let us know if you will be late or cannot make it to your shadow date with us. We need to let your home school know if you are not present for your scheduled day.
9. You may request a specific student as your host. However, it is not guaranteed that you'll be paired with them. All student hosts must be in good standing with their grades, behavior, attendance and with the admissions office.
10. Have fun, make some new friends and see what a great place VASJ is!