Located on the shores of Lake Erie, Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School began in July of 1990. It has a rich past and is celebrating over 130 years of educational excellence in the Diocese of Cleveland. VASJ resulted from the merging of Villa Angela Academy (1878-1990) with Saint Joseph High School (1950-1990).
Villa Angela Academy (1850-1989)
Villa Angela Academy was the oldest Catholic institution of learning in the Diocese of Cleveland, founded by the Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland in 1850. For 110 years, Villa Angela was a witness to Christian education with more than 6,000 graduates.
St. Joseph High School (1950-1989)
St. Joseph High School was opened in September of 1950. The Bishop had asked the Society of Mary (Marianists) from Dayton, Ohio, to administer the school. In St. Joseph's history, more than 10,000 students graduated from its comprehensive college preparatory or technical programs.
TODAY AT VASJ
Service to the community and social justice are core values and strong traditions from the school's past that are still carried on at Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School today.